Wednesday 25 May 2011

Something I found in my pocket

Today I moved most of my things from my flat back to my home in Rochdale. Sad times. However I'm not going to ramble on about that, I still have a few days of madness planned for when I pick my results up. I found a poem in one of my pockets today. If my memory serves me rightly the poem in question was given to me by an older gentleman who was shopping at the Supermarket I work in. He informed me that he liked to write poems, print them off and hand them out to people who looked like they might appreciate them. I also think this serves as a nice continuation on my blog about old people


Age is a quality of mind
If you have lost your dreams
If hope is cold
If you don't look ahead
If your fires are dead
Then you are old
But
If from life you take the best
If in life you keep the zest
If love you hold
No matter how the years go by
No matter how the birthdays fly
You are not old
Just smile


Terence Hutchinson 


This seems to really sum up my theory on the two types of old people perfectly! 
If anyone is assuming I've lost it and this blog will start getting all poetic do not fear! I'm not the most poetic of people. If I was going to write one it would go along the lines of-:


I like to poo
I think you do too
It's best when it smells bad
Otherwise it makes me sad
Sometimes it can sting
Sometimes it lands with a ding
This is why I should not rhyme
I feel as though it's a poetic crime


Kyle Ian Hussain


I hereby promise to never post one of my own poems on this blog again!


Word of the day: Sphincter 
Quote of the day: A question that sometimes drives me hazy: 'Am I or are the others crazy?'' Albert Einstein 

No comments:

Post a Comment