Tuesday 31 May 2011

My other job

Whilst I constantly reference the wonderful supermarket I work for I also have another job as a support worker for young people with disabilities. Shocking I know, a student who has just left university who has two jobs already, and what's more I'm from Rochdale


My boss at this job read this blog, so here a little plug for him. Whilst I have the job at the supermarket out of necessity (I need to fund my friendship with alcohol somehow), my other job I have mainly because I enjoy it. How many of us are drawn to careers out of financial rewards instead of the pure enjoyment. Obviously we have to make ends meet, but I personally feel there is a line. If I had the choice between a job I would love or a different one that would be incredibly boring but offered a greater sum of money I would choose the one I'd enjoy. 'Money can't buy you happiness' (a phrase I actually appreciate). 


What I find somewhat ironic is I come home from the supermarket injury free and still full of energy, whereas I come home from my other job in the complete opposite condition but can't wait to return. I'm afraid the same doesn't apply to the supermarket. Obviously this is a good thing, but I think it also means I'm still no nearer to being normal. I should be in a boring job earning tons of $$$ but hating every minute of it right?


Life's too short, enjoy every minute of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment