Thursday 12 May 2011

The French

I like to talk to new people and make new friends. I do it more when I'm drunk. I like to think I'm usually pretty nice, although I admit I can sometimes come across as a bit of a nob/weirdo when I've had a few. I was talking to a French guy last night who was really nice but we was soon joined by his friend. He was not so nice. He took an instant dislike to me and my French friend informed me he said I was a typical Brit. At which point I decided to find my own friends. I don't see myself as a typical Brit. Plus I'm still unclear at why he got so irate  Perhaps he thought I was hitting on his boyfriend. Or maybe it's just because he's French and should be slapped?


I decided to google how French people perceive us Brits. Answers.com informs me that Napleon saw us as a nation of shopkeepers. Erm ok that's useless. Some other stereotypes are -
  •  we all drink tea
  •  eat fish and chips
  •  say phrases like cheerio, spiffing etc
  •  we are no good at learning  foreign languages, preferring to shout louder and louder until our foreign   counterparts understand
  •  we drink lots of beer
  • Like the Queen
  •  we are reserved (stiff upper lip)
Well from these stereotypes I rarely drink tea or eat fish and chips (I prefer black coffee and pizza), if I ever say 'spiffing' or 'cheerio' kick me in the balls, I do try to learn other languages and I'm almost incapable of shouting so that's a no no, I do drink lots of beer but like the queen...haha yeah I'd tap that, and reserved? Hardly!
So my angry little French man can va te faire foutre. And for the record he was a stereotypical French man. He was rude, smelled and smoked. Nob!


Quote of the Day: Sick is the new sane (I need to get over Scream 4)
Word of the Day: Beret

No comments:

Post a Comment