Tuesday 31 May 2011

Funny Names

At my boring job I came across a name yesterday that tickled my funny bone. Broomhead. It's just a bit odd. Before I continue, my surname is Hussain. It's as common as a cow that produces milk. It got me thinking about names that I think are quiet funny. 
Emmanuel Kant
A great philosopher. It's just a shame that when you say his name out loud it sounds awfully similar to a NAUGHTY word. It did provide some humour to what could have otherwise been some of the most boring lectures I have ever sat though in my life!
Dick Van Dyke
I don't want to research whether it is a stage name or not. It'll ruin it for me. I like to imagine his parent's had a cruel sense of humour. What a brilliant juxtaposition of two names!
Michel Foucault
Renowned sociologist. His surname is pronounced FOOK-co. I'm trying to remind myself that I am 23.
George W. Bush
Perhaps scraping the barrel a bit. I just felt like reminding everyone how much of a nob he is. I think the look on his face here sums up his mentality towards leading America. 

So there you have it! I've completed my first month of blogging. I thought it would be a fad, but it's proven to be quiet an obsession. Sorry Scre4m and Cheryl, you've been replaced. I knew my mum would be a fan but my dad is surprisingly supportive (he'll be paranoid now). It does mean I'll have to be extra careful as to what I discuss. I've just made 'subtle' references to the F word and the C word so I might be getting a spanked bottom and it could spell the end to this blog. Perhaps not. Maybe if I tell them I'm in thousands of pounds worth of debt though I may find myself in the shit. They'll be getting mad now. Fear not parents! Like the majority of post graduates, I have left university with a degree that I may never use and a debt to the government I'll probably never repay in full! 

Word of the Day: Satirical

Quote of the Day: 'The opportunity for doing mischief is found a hundred times a day, and of doing good once in a year.' Voltaire

Guilty Confession of the Day: I suppose this depends on your perspective, but I'm a massive Elvis fan. I also like the Rat Pack, I guess I earn cool points for that?!




No comments:

Post a Comment