Sunday 19 June 2011

What would your animal be?

Have you ever read His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman? If you haven't I highly recommend them! Although if you are not much of a reader (Why are you here?) then you can always settle for the film 'The Golden Compass'. It's mediocre in comparison to the books however. 
Why am I babbling about Philip Pullman's work? His book features the concept of people having 'daemons' which is a manifestation of their soul and are represented as animals. As children people's animals continually change forms, being a tabby cat one moment to a ostrich the next. This is all dependent on their mood. As people mature so do their daemons, and they eventually settle on a specific form. Which led to the discussion of what would our own daemons be and what daemons would our friends have. My friend was convinced theirs would be the same as my pet dog Charlie. I agreed, mostly due to their scents being incredibly similar. My daemon would probably be a Chimp. The following video is how I imagine my daemon would behave.

It was also concluded that chickens would represent female chavs. Why? There are far too many chavs out there constantly dropping kids. There are far too many chickens constantly laying eggs. See the connection?! Male chavs would have rats as their daemons.


Word of the Day: Transition


Quote of the Day: 'Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, progress and success have no meaning.' Benjamin Franklin 

No comments:

Post a Comment