Monday 6 June 2011

People who do stupid things...

I stumbled across this article today. 'Man who buried himself alive found dead'. I am aware that death is no laughing matter. But you have to appreciate the irony! 


How many of us have fixations with death? I'm currently reading a book called The Tibetan Book of Living & Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche. I would recommend it to everyone. Whilst the roots of it's teachings lie in Buddhism, they can easily be incorporated into other religious cultures. I think the moral behind what happened to Mr Buried Alive is we should never toy with the idea of death. We should be aware that we are all mortal and it is going to happen. We shouldn't become obsessed with it or dismiss thinking about it altogether. 


I fear my blog has gotten too preachy recently. I promise to talk more about poo in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment