Monday 6 June 2011

Kidney for Ipad

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WARNING<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<                                      (Contains Image that may disturb)



















I just came across this beauty of an article. It is on the Daily Mirror website which isn't the best of sources to use but it has shocked, disgusted, amused and basically boggled my mind. So therefore it earns a place here! A 17 year old boy sold one of his kidneys for $3,392 so he could purchase a ipad 2 and a laptop. He has not just contemplated selling a vital organ for financial gain, he has actually gone through with it and what's more purchased something that won't last as long as his bloody kidney would have!


Obviously money has different values in different countries so I hope he sold it for the equivalent of a large amount of money in China. And what he chose to use that money for was his personal choice, for me it seems a little disrespectful to his former organ. Would anybody else sell a kidney? How much for? What would you buy?


I'd sell mine and buy an I-phone. No wait, a Blackberry Torch. Oh I can't decide! Maybe I'd earn enough to be able to afford both? But what about when they are last seasons trend? I suppose I need the other kidney so I can't really sell that. I'd probably struggle without a lung. Maybe I could sell my left testicle and buy a Mac!!!


Reminds me a bit of Bruno. He sold his adopted baby for an Ipod or something didn't he? I wouldn't contemplate selling my niece but I guess I could sell my mum for a Robin reliant? 




Word of the Day: Dispensable 


Quote of the Day: 'It seems impossible, until it's done' Nelson Mandela 

No comments:

Post a Comment