Friday 3 June 2011

Family Toilet Habits

This blog is due to an incident this morning. Whilst I was having a shower before I went to work my mother shouted and informed me she needed the toilet immediately. I asked if she could wait two minutes but she expressed that this was a life or death poo situation. So with a head full of shampoo I proceeded to unlock the door and got back into the shower. My mother entered the bathroom and did her business whilst I was in the shower. I suppose I should inform you that our shower does now have a curtain. We both laughed at the situation but this is somewhat the norm in my house. 
About a year ago I revealed to a group of friends that I am happy to use the toilet whilst my mum is in the bath. Both me and my sister are happy to use the toilet in each others company also. Some of my friends felt it wasn't too weird but not many felt comfortable to do this themselves. One however was shocked and appalled. So shocked in fact that they created a Facebook group about this. My father does not conform to our family toilet bonding sessions, preferring to do his business in private. So within our household my father is perceived as 'weird'. Within the rest of society he is probably viewed as normal, and the rest of us are the strange ones. 


As my quest for normality continues I am noticing more aspects of my life and behaviour are prohibiting me from achieving the status of being a 'normal' person. Again I can point to genetics. My mum is weird too.

No comments:

Post a Comment