Tuesday 14 June 2011

Toss the salad

Whilst preparing for the BBQ I pulled out the salad bowl and utensils used to 'toss the salad'. This got me thinking, I'm sure there is another meaning to this phrase, but what the hell is it?


 Half out of curiosity and half out of an attempt to embarrass my mother I decided to ask her if she knew what it meant. She revealed she had her suspicions but suggested I used urban dictionary to find out for myself. I was more impressed that she knew what urban dictionary was than she apparently knew what 'toss the salad' meant. Five minutes later my mother informed me that she herself had looked it up on urban dictionary and it was not what she had expected. She refused to tell me what it was but hinted that it would be something I'd be aware of. Two hours later I've finally gotten the chance to investigate this phrase. I feel the embarrassment lies in my court, I wish I'd never asked my mother now! Furthermore when my father eventually reads this I'm sure he too will ask my mother what it means, as my mother and I asked him about tossing the salad and he assumed we wanted him to prepare the food. Dad don't ask, stay in your innocent bubble where it's safe!


Word of the Day: Miscalculation 


Quote of the Day: 'They used to bow down to gods, things change' Buffy


Guilty Confession of the Day: I've resorted to watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer repeats whilst I have nothing better to do with my time. I feel as though I am 13 again and it is the school holidays. I'd never have thought I'd still be doing the same thing 10 years later. Also I know I said I'd never express my religious views, but the above quote was too good to overlook. Hello my name is Kyle and I am a geek. I have been lacking the cool factor for 23 years now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment