Thursday 30 June 2011

Special Needs and Education

I've not blogged for a while, I read this article today, the Prime Ministers attempt to improve the way individuals with special needs receive and education. Read it. 


I think before anyone takes sides there are a few things you should place into consideration. Do you or someone within your family have a disability? I think the answer to that should affect how strongly you feel about this subject. Nobody within my family (that I am aware of) has a disability, I however have had the opportunity to work with young people who have disabilities. My personal opinion is that it all comes down to the individual. I think that what will serve them best both within that moment and the long run should be what is the deciding factor in what type of education they receive. However I feel like I have not got enough experience within this area to have a fully educated answer. Hopefully whatever happens will improve the opportunities for young people with disabilities with regards to their education. I guess it will be interesting to see how this one pans out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment