Thursday 8 December 2011

Four Year Anniversary

On Saturday I'll be celebrating my four year anniversary. What anniversary is this? I will have spent four years of my life employed by the supermarket! That's one year longer than I have spent at university, one year less than I spent at High school, one year longer than my longest relationship, one sixth of my life and most importantly four years too many!


I am grateful that I am fortunate enough to have a job in these hard times. However I am a firm believer that you should work for enjoyment as well as financial gain. Obviously we have ends to meet, but I do not gain fulfillment from listening to people request a refund for a chicken they purchased and cooked which they found 'too tough'. (I had to give the refund but my insides were screaming 'it was too tough because you overcooked it you thick posh ****').


I have learned some things from the job however. Always read the small print on labels (because we love to mislead you), old people are either really nice and give you sweets or bitter old slugs who need a kick, the customer is not always right, ox tongue is really ox tongue, old people still have sex, chav's have a football team worth of kids that they feed half of their shopping to before they pay for it and most importantly I have learned I do not want to be here forever!!!


I must note that I have made some lifelong friends at the supermarket and they make my time there bearable. However if I am still there in a years time and facing my five year anniversary I shall dye my hair pink and change my name to Wendy. 


Word of the Day: Insignificant


Quote of the Day: 'Oh you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.' Drew Carey 

No comments:

Post a Comment