Monday 19 December 2011

Adios Supermarket

On Friday I terminated my career with the Supermarket. It had been on my mind for a considerable amount of time and I finally grew some balls and left. In simple terms I no longer cared for queue length times, overcooked chickens, no shallow trolleys being at the entrance and if I heard 'all amber reliefs' one more time I may have actually imploded. 


As my slightly angry boyfriend has explained, it was not the best of moves. Leaving a job for another is the usual route people take. However I am young, have no real commitments as of yet and know where I want to go in life. The supermarket was not getting me there. All that said, I have not left in a angry rage. I takeaway some lifelong friends which is what ultimately kept me there as long as I was. 
Reading through my blog in retrospect it is not as surprising that I left. Just look at Four Year Anniversary, Stupid Supermarkets, and My Other Job!! Looking back I committed several crimes typical of a employee of the Supermarket -:

  • Took an extra 5 minutes on my break
  • Turned up to work hungover/still drunk
  • Had the urge to punch a customer (I wouldn't speak to David Cameron the way some people have spoken to me)
  • Dumping aka not putting something back in the right place
  • Told a customer something is out of stock when really I had no clue either way
  • Told a customer I didn't know where something was because I just wanted to get home (why stop me when I'm wearing my coat indicating I've clearly finished)
  • Clock watched (every shift)
So now with my considerably reduced working time I intend to do some voluntary work whilst I join many others who are looking for a job! But at least I can now wake up with a smile on my face and due to it being the festive season I'm sure I'll be doing some of this-:
So I say goodbye to a certain extent to friends, co-workers and managers (who by the way unlimited smoking breaks and rumbling aka gossip time were the two perks to your job that made me consider staying. That said, why did you never rumble trolleys?? I joke, obviously.) 

Enough of my ramblings, I plan to take my blog back to it's satirical self. 

Farewell Tesco!!!

Word of the Day: Futurism 

Quote of the Day: 'When people go to work, they shouldn't have to leave their hearts at home' Betty Bender 

No comments:

Post a Comment