Tuesday 20 December 2011

Goddam Annoying Early Risers

Waking up foggy, a little dazed and more than occasionally grumpy is the norm for me. It can take up to a couple of hours for me to 'come round'. I was renouned for it at university and I assumed it was the liefstyle that was causing it. However my morning grumpyness has persisted almost seven months since I graduated. I've done a little research into why I wake up grumpy and how I can resolve this. Of course all the answers are somewhat contradictory. As you can imagine I've already woken up in a less than pleasant mood so this has not rectified it!!

This helpful website is telling me I have sleep debt and I need to repay it with 1 - 2 extra hours of sleep a night. I'm sorry, during a recesion you are telling me I owe my sleep aswell?!

Next website please! Steve Pavlina offers a personal development plan. Looks pretty promising. He does make the mistake of rambling on about converting to veganism as it appeared to improve his sleep. I tried being a veggie Steve, twice. I like my steak too much. BLOODY.

The Daily Mail (obviously I'd become desperate) offers an article on women being worse in the morning than men. according to the study it may be because women have more things to do when they first get up than men. Stress and worry was a big contender for people waking up in a grump, and not wanting to leave a warm bed was another.

I've decided the answer is to sleep for an extra hour, become a vegan and not have the heating on in the morning. Isn't the internet full of rubbish! *Tin Foil Hat Wearers* eat your heart out.

Here's a site with 40 sleep facts, far more interesting than all the other twaddle I've read this morning.

Word of the Day:  Insomnia

Quote of the Day: 'A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow' Charlotte Brontë

No comments:

Post a Comment