Tuesday 5 July 2011

Dirty Kebab

I made the biggest school boy error the other night. Chilling out having a few drinks in a garden lead to the sun going down and a few more drinks getting consumed, turning into a late trip to a pub leading to more drinks and some rather uncool dance moves being busted in a bar along with some more drinks being supped. All of this is acceptable, but this all lead to the purchasing of a greasy kebab. It was lovely at the time (I think). I ate it all. I knew I'd regret it the next day, but was not prepared for how much.
When I finally arose the morning (lies), I was intrigued to find I had 2 missed calls and a text message. The intrigue soon turned to devastation as the 2 calls were from my friend who also purchased a kebab. The text message (also off my friend) informed me that their kebab was not cooked properly so I had best check mine. Doh! I don't think I have food poisoning but I have another day before it could potentially kick in.
Why do we eat such crap when drunk? Apparently one group of scientists believe it affects the Hypothalamus (a part of the brain) and tricks you into feeling more hungry than you actually are. Whatever the reason, I'm going to avoid food as much as possible but if worse comes to the worse I'll play it safe and get a margarita pizza instead! 

Word of the Day: Oblivious 

Quote of the Day: 'Drunkenness is nothing but voluntary madness.' Seneca 

Random Thought of the Day: Would you rather have diarrhea or constipation? 

Guilty Confession of the Day: I'd rather have diarrhea.  

No comments:

Post a Comment